– Ensure staff is informed of office recycling policies and facilities;
– Set up recycling bins next to all trash containers with clear signage detailing the materials appropriate for each bin;
– When you select your waste management company, request they track your landfill waste and recycling — in weight rather than volume, if possible;
– If possible, compost food and biodegradable waste;
– Provide containers for recycling ink and toner cartridges;
– Ask suppliers to take back or reuse packaging for larger items;
– Dispose of batteries and compact florescent light bulbs as hazardous waste with a certified hazardous waste vendor, and donate or recycle electronic equipment;
– Consider Big Green Box (biggreenbox.com) for batteries and electronics recycling. Visit earth911.org or 1800recycling.com for other local recycling facilities.
Stay tuned for more sustainable production tips and hints!